Thursday, May 26, 2011

Guess who's back... back again...

Day 0: London—major letdown when I discovered that everyone there is a muggle.

Day 1: Yup. Pretty sure I just got home from an extended vacation to Utah.

Day 2: Institute: everyone thinks I have big shoes to fill, as I am the first facilitator since the legendary Macrae McDermott. I have news for you all: Macrae and I wear the same size shoes. Just sayin’…

Day 3: Heather: 1 Fridge Mold: 0.

Day 4: Dear Derek van Dam, I think your accent is an accurate projection of what my accent will be like in 3 months. I love to feel this close to you. Love, Heather

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LucKR4OcFuA

(also, this was the best example I could find. Trust me when I say that watching the weather is the best part of my day)

Day 5: Jenna arrives. Unfortunately Jenna, the highlight of my day was the rugby derby at Selborne College. Sorry.



Just kidding Jenna. I love you.

Day 6: One of the young women spoke in Sacrament Meeting about modesty. Jenna and I immediately pulled the hems of our skirts down past our ankles in shame. And to top it off another speaker spoke about the evils of swearing. Oh @&*#. Damned for sure.

Day 7: Cell phone! Cell phone! Cell phone! My many thanks to Mechaelar Horner for her help in getting me a cell phone and for catching me up on all the gossip. Have I got a lot to tell you Macrae! Oh, and Jenna and I went to town and we were the only white people there.

Day 8: Jenna and I go on a mission to Hemingways Mall to find a converter. Not only did we find the converter, but we also found all the white people in East London.

Day 9: Dear Jenna,
Don’t be scared.
Love,
Kathy, Cornelius, Heather and South Africa

Day 10: Spent the day at home in bed. I don’t know why though.

Day 11: Have any of you heard of Mango Atcha? Well, let me warn you—it is the most foul thing I have ever put in my mouth. And I have eaten some pretty awful things in my time (the Wheel of Vomit cocktail of hotdogs, salsa, and sprite comes immediately to mind). Dear YSA’s: consider trust broken. Forever.

Day 12: I love to hang laundry. Also, it reminds me of The Fiddler on the Roof. I think there is a connection there.

Day 13: I’m fairly certain I yawned 5,000,000 times. Sometimes I would get a yawning jag that lasted a few minutes. I’m glad to see that last year wasn’t a fluke. I really am just tired ALL THE TIME. There is really nothing I can do about it. I am sorry I appear so bored with you, East London.

Day 14: I’m pretty sure I picked the project of the year. I get to sleep in and watch rugby all day. What more could you ask for?

Day 15: Ate a sandwich made on bread that contains seeds ‘n things. Either I am finally starting to eat right, or I enjoy being pretentious. I think it’s the latter.

Day 16: Had one of those days where you feel like you are destined to write The Next Great American Novel, but all you really accomplish is drinking four glasses of hot chocolate and managing not to fall asleep during institute.

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Time for a frutti-tutti milkshake from Friesland!

M said...

I think I love you.